Followers

Saturday 20 April 2013

Code Word is Flower

For the next two weeks at Addicted to CAS (Clean and Simple) the Code Word was my choice.
I chose FLOWER, everyone loves flowers, so we are expecting to see a beautiful array of flowers over the next two weeks.
Our thanks to our wonderful sponsors.
I like to experiment, make a mess and play with my craft stash, this card is the result of a play session. Speaking to newbies rather than those experienced crafters, many times when you know what you want to achieve but it just doesn't happen, please don't despair. The card above was the fourth attempt for me.
I added water to my two chosen colours of H2Os though any mica pigment medium would work as well. 
I added the paints directly onto the stamp, from La Blanche, sprayed water onto it, to give a watercolour effect. I then stamped it directly onto the card, this is the second generation stamping. (I stamped it twice). first on copy paper them onto the card. Please do have a go sometime, enjoy playing. We are all looking forward to seeing your CAS Flower projects. 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Caz. Love the soft effect you have achieved. I really enjoyed reading your post. You are absolutely right. You just need to play with your stash. I have found sometimes if I cant achieve the look I want I try different inks on different cardstock. They all work so differently together.
    Hugs, Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft stamping looks beautiful with the H2Os, Caz. Great choice of code word too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique, Caz, thanks for sharing. I adore this card. You have chosen a great code word and done it justice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this soft painted flower Caz. I never think to paint on my H20's onto my stamp before stamping and need to give it a try. I loved your code word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, soft, shimmery image ... just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caz. Lovely and soft watercolor flower. You are so right about trying new things and all the learning that goes with it ... sometimes it takes time and a few attempts to achieve the look you want - but that is half the fun :) Great code word ... looking forward to seeing a gallery of beautiful flowers at ATCAS. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly beautiful card Caz. So soft and pretty. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Caz. Love the effect you've achieved - so soft and lovely. Sorry to hear you're leaving us - you'll be missed!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAZ, your soft colors are amazing!
    Great card!

    hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've picked a perfect word for Spring, Caz, and your card is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing the technique and your words of encouragement which we can all use at times, whether old goats (speaking of myself) or newbies! You will be missed on the DT at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caz, I love the look you got from your little experimentation. lol The colors look great together on your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the technique you used, and can't wait to give it a try. So tickled that I came across your blog yesterday, and could not wait to play along with this challenge. Your card was the first thing to really catch my eye. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card Caz, love the technique you have used and the effect, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete